Colle dei Venti

Pecorino Terre di Chieti IGT

Pecorino 100%

“Straw yellow with greenish highlights. The aromas of this wine include all white pulp fruit, especially pears.”

Variety

Pecorino.

Production area

Municipality of Ortona.

Vinification

Crushing and de-stemming, contact with the skins for about 12 hours at about 3°C. Soft pressing, static clarification of the must. Fermentation at 12°C. 80% of the juice is fermented in a stainless steel tank, the other 20% in French oak barriques of 225lt. Malolactic fermentation is triggered naturally through daily bâtonnages in order to increase the structure of the product and partial and then interrupted by using low temperatures in order to preserve the freshness of the wine.

Idea of the wine

Pecorino is an autochthonous grape variety from Abruzzo, with small bunches and low production per hectare. Training system: pergola abruzzese.

Sensory features

Straw yellow with greenish highlights. The aromas of this wine include all white pulp fruit, especially pears. You can smell balsamic notes that reveal the good quality of the wood. This wine immediately reveals a great structure, freshness and with good acidity. The partial malolactic fermentation gives the wine a fascinating taste. Aftertaste is intense and persistent.

Best served with

Excellent with rich first courses, good with white meat and cheese. Ideal with fish soup and roasted fish.

Serving temperature

8-10° C.

Data Sheet

Awards and recognitions

2017

AWC VIENNA 2017

SILVER MEDAL: Colle dei Venti Pecorino Terre di Chieti IGT 2016

Pecorino Terre di Chieti IGT